deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

May 17, 2015

A blue room

Ha, so much for renewed inspiration while I'm on my rural term! The only thing I've been inspired to do here is sleep. The hours have been pretty long and at the end of the day I can barely cook dinner, eat it, and shower. Since I've been spending most of my spare time in my room at the hospital accommodation, here are some selective snaps (I'm sure you don't want to see my bag of dirty laundry). As you can see, it is a very blue room.


The bedside table. I loaded up my Kindle before I came, but brought some extra books just in case.


My blanket from home was a last minute addition into the car before I left, but I glad I brought it because hospital linen sucks.


My sparse wardrobe (to be honest, even a button-down feels like too much fuss these days).


Where the magic (?) happens.


The important stuff.


Saddle shoes I got for my birthday (thank you friends) that I've been wearing inside to break in.


I actually made a sign to remind myself to grab my keys whenever I leave my room, because the doors auto-lock, and I managed to lock myself out on the second day.

It's been interesting this past week - I've never actually lived alone before (I live with my family back in Sydney). I mean I've travelled, but that's not quite the same. I have been learning a lot about cooking regularly for myself (frozen vegetables have become my new best friend).

I didn't do much this weekend (apart from visit a gallery) because I wanted to get on top of my reading (the consultants have roasted me to a crisp) but I promise I will have something fun to write about next week.

18 comments:

  1. The room reminds me a lot of the rooms I had when I was at uni. And I used to eat lots of chocolate digestive biscuits too at that time. Enjoy your time there and make the most of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Books, always!
    The saddle shoes reminded me of "Stoker" (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd wanted them ever since I saw the movie!

      Delete
  3. I had to write myself a similar note when I was at University!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're more an inconvenience than anything really!

      Delete
  4. Looks like you have made your room homey already c:
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so inspiring! Good luck on your rural term. I know how tough it is to live away from home, but you get used to it! Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wear my badge and keys around my neck at work or stuff them in my pockets, and before I leave any area I do this funny pat-down of myself to make sure I have them. Auto-locking doors are a pain; I hear you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Button downs too much fuss, that's a sorry state! Nice shoes, are they a brand? Always wanted some proper saddle shoes.

    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are Bass! I really like them, the toe is a bit more pointed than a traditional saddle shoe but I think it makes them look more modern.

      Delete
  8. I kinda want to start The Luminaries but it'a a thick book and I'm way too lazy. Tell me how it goes!

    Heh, I managed to lock myself out of my house once, and the door doesn't even auto-lock or anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read The Luminaries before - to be honest I found it a drag for a good first quarter of the book, but then it picks up. It's one of those books you read for a reading experience, not just for a plot, if that makes sense?

      Delete
    2. I came down to the comments to ask about the book, too. Thanks for the answer!

      Delete
  9. I bet you'll love living alone! As long as you remember the keys ;) but I did it once and while it was different I also liked it a lot and it was nice making the space mine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes! I bought digestive biscuits too last week. Strangely reminds me of home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blue rooms are the best rooms, I always say. One of my close friends has a blue room in college and we had many a party in there. Plus, my bedroom is blue and my bedroom = the only room that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have locked myself out many times because the doors were auto lock! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.