You've probably heard of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, in addition to a bunch of other lists of wonders with various methods of categorisation. In trying to come up with reasons to re-post my old favourite photos, I've decided on my own list of seven wonders; places which photos and words don't do justice.
1. The roadtrip to Milford Sound. Milford Sound itself is amazing, and has been described as another wonder of the world, but the road there from Te Anau is almost as good.
2. The view of NYC from above. I was expecting it to be good, but I was totally blown away the first time I saw this view from the Top of the Rock. The sheer density of Manhattan is crazy.
3. Charles Bridge at sunrise. We thought crossing this bridge on the way to Prague Castle was going to take about thirty seconds, but we ended up bouncing off the walls here for about half an hour.
4. Iguassu Falls. The Brazilian side, sorry Argentina! You don't even need to look at it, you can just close your eyes and soak up the mist and feel the energy.
5. The Great Wall of China. It runs up into the hills and off to the distance, and I only visited this one section. I can't wrap my head how around how they built this.
6. Christ the Redeemer. This is the view from Sugarloaf but I mean the statue itself. I just love how it sits up in the mountains, looking over the city.
7. Whitehaven Beach. The water is ridiculously clear and the sand is ridiculously fine. The rest of the Whitsundays isn't bad, either.