deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

December 15, 2015

San Francisco i

San Francisco, and last of the posts from my trip in December last year. This was the last stop on our trip. I'd never been to SF before, but my friends all had glowing reviews of it. I really like the city as well, I can see the appeal. It reminds me of a mix of NYC and Sydney, it's got an impressive big city feel but still laid back.


I don't quite remember what we did on the first day, but it probably involved shopping around Union Square, where we were staying.


In the afternoon, we went to Chinatown, because my mother wanted me to look at ginseng prices (apparently American ginseng has different properties).


Jenny got herself a bubble tea. I think later that night we went on a pub crawl which ended with us napping on couches at the nightclub. Party hard.


The next day we took the BART to the end of the line, where my aunt and uncle picked us up and took us on a road trip to Monterey.



We checked out Cannery Row.


17-mile drive, a scenic drive through Pebble Beach.


The Lone Cypress, apparently this tree is famous! But I hadn't heard of it before.


The next day was a tourist day.


We took the cable car to Fisherman's Wharf.



We saw a guy holding an In-N-Out cup and scurried in the direction he came from.


Alcatraz (I think?). Neither of us were too interested in going, apparently you had to have advance tickets anyway.


I know we'd just eaten burgers but I really wanted to try the chowder in the bread bowl. Jenny insisted on getting chilli so that we could swap because she was convinced I wouldn't like the chowder... she was right. I'm too predictable.


Tried to work off that food by hiking it up Lombard St, almost killed me.



Not a bad view, though.

Part 2 coming up!

This is a scheduled post, I'm currently travelling overseas. I'll be reading all your comments via email, but won't be able to reply immediately. If you have any burning questions, you can email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.