deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

February 8, 2016

Friday off

Hello from London! I have, in fact, been in London for a week now, but between starting placement, catching up with friends and feeling a bit ill, I haven't had the time to sit down at the end of the day and blog. I know I still need to post about where I went after Africa, but I think I'll save that for later and bring this blog back up to (sort of) real time.


I managed to sneak in a day off on Friday, so I had a tourist day and revisited some old favourites.





Started at Tate Modern, my favourite museum in London.


This installation is made up of soil from different parts of London, left to its own devices to grow.


I finally managed to visit Borough Market, where I got lunch.


A pie, with the lot, from Pieminister - not bad, but Harry's in Sydney still has my heart.



Yes, I am indeed in London.



I only ended up going into the National Gallery to use the bathroom...


I walked along Oxford St and down Berwick St but I wasn't in a shopping mood.


Dropped into my favourite part of the British Museum.


It's cool that I've now been to most of the temples and sites that these Ancient Egyptian artefacts are from.

So I'll be in London for the rest of February for my hospital placement! I'm starting to get the mid-trip blues, if they exist; I'm feeling pretty tired and homesick, probably because I've been unwell too. Happy Lunar New Year, if you celebrate it! I had friends over tonight and we cooked dumplings (not as well as my parents, though).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.