deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

February 2, 2016

Victoria Falls

Victoria Falls is technically the world's largest waterfall, based on the fact that it is one single sheet of falling water. I saw it in late December, when it is drier there, so I wasn't able to see it in all its glory. Still, I love a waterfall - and once again, wasn't able to capture the full beauty of it, but here are my attempts.



It was a bit cloudy when at the beginning of the visit.


Its name in the local language is Mosi-oa-tunya, which translates to "the smoke that thunders".


The sun came out and we got some rainbow action.




In comparison to wet season, this isn't much water at all - but it was still beautiful to see.

This is the third of the world's great waterfalls I've visited - Niagara in 2012 and Iguassu in 2014. Iguassu is probably my favourite out of them, but this might be unfair since it was winter when I saw Niagara, and Victoria Falls wasn't at full capacity!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.