deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

March 8, 2016

Giza plateau

Continuing photos from my Egypt trip in December.

The Giza plateau is the location of what most people think of when they think Ancient Egypt...


The pyramids.



It's actually quite close to the Cairo metropolis, even though I'd imagined it as being in the middle of the desert.



I can't believe how immense all the pyramids are, and apparently they are all built to certain mathematic specifications.


We got to go inside the third pyramid (not this one shown) as well, but no photos allowed.


The Sphinx was a tiny bit disappointing, it is a lot smaller than I expected.


Got a kiss from me anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.