deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

May 12, 2016

Maintenance


Over the past month or so I've been tweaking the blog layout and I've more or less managed to get it responsive. I was considering just buying a template, but I'm pretty proud of having stuck at it and working it out on my own (although the code is a mess). All the HTML and CSS that I currently know I learned myself, starting when I was 12 and making doll sites from scratch (remember iframes?). However, I couldn't work out how to get a dinky little expanding mobile navigation thing, probably because my navbar isn't a proper navbar in the first place. In the meanwhile I've made a categories page to get around it.

I don't know if I say enough how much I enjoy posting here and reading your comments and blogs. Blogging is actually my #1 hobby, although I'd never be able to put it on my CV (or even tell people about - about half my close friends have no idea this place exists and I'd have no idea how to bring it up, but maybe that's a topic for another post). I still get excited every time a comment lands in my inbox, and sometimes I can tell who the commenter is by the little email preview before I even see the username! A shout-out to the readers who don't comment as well. This blog was never on any kind of trajectory to be big, but the number of followers right now exceeds what a blog about my random life activities deserves in the first place, so I'm very flattered already.

Also, time for that loaded question - what kind of posts on here do you guys enjoy the most? Just curious, not planning to change what I blog about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.