deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

May 5, 2016

Skincare routine

I haven't really talked about skincare on this blog since my post on moisturising while on isotretinoin (Roaccutane) back in 2013 (also, I realise I never wrote the post on my Roaccutane experience and it'll probably never happen now). Anyway, I recently had to restock so I thought I'd do a post on what I use.


This is everything I use on my skin, which is a little sensitive, oily, and occasionally spotty (nothing cystic and ridiculous since I've been on the Roaccutane, thankfully). I acknowledge the importance of skincare (especially since my skin's given me so much grief), but looking for and trying new products is more of a chore for me than anything.

La Roche Posay Effaclar cleanser. It seems to work well, it makes my skin feel clean but not too dry. To be honest it's the only cleanser I've used in the last three or so years, I'm too afraid to try another in case my skin flips out.

Mecca To Save Face SPF30+ sunscreen. Jessica had suggested this one, I went through two little tubes and finally committed with the big one. I find it hydrating enough so that I can wear it without another moisturiser (even in winter), and it doesn't give me that shiny slick look.

Bioderma Sebium Hydra moisturiser. A "compensating" moisturiser for oily skin that's subjected to drying acne treatments, which I use as a night moisturiser/when I'm going to be at home indoors all day. My compensating moisturiser of choice is actually La Roche Posay Effaclar H, which doesn't ship to Australia anymore (I'm hoping this means it'll be available here soon). This Bioderma one more or less works the same, I have no complaints, but the Effaclar H smells nicer and feels better on.

La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo (US) spot treatment. The US version of this has benzoyl peroxide and is more of a treatment than the UK/Europe version which is more of a preventative. I don't know if I've had this tube too long now (a year and few months) but there's no best before icon so I assume I'm good to keep using it til it runs out. It's been a few years since I used the UK/Europe version, which I believe has since changed its formula, and I'm wondering if my skin will be more responsive to that now - I might grab a tube when I finish off this one.

Alpha H Liquid Gold. A lot of people rave about the miracles this works for their skin but unfortunately I don't really see a difference. I was hoping it would fade some old scars and generally make my skin look better. I didn't take this along with me while travelling, and while I wasn't using it my skin was exactly the same. I've almost finished the bottle (it's lasted me a year, using it 2-3 times a week), I probably won't repurchase it.

I've been wanting to add something physically exfoliating so I'm going to drop by Lush and pick up one of their cleansers to use every few days. And once the Liquid Gold runs out I might try and find another treatment for fading marks. I will also give a shout out to the two best things I've found for my skin - drinking loads of water and getting lots of sleep. Which is way easier said than done, and most likely why my skin's been rebelling over the past few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.