deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

May 8, 2016

Sun and sea walls

There I was in bed on Saturday morning, just woken up, revelling in the fact that I could lie in for a bit longer... when my phone rang. It was my dad, and could I please go pick him up because the car's broken down. Well, fine, I guess after all the times he's picked me up from the train station way later than I said I'd be there, it's the least I can do. And I guess Cronulla beach isn't the worst place in the world to end up on a sunny morning.




These (kind of aesthetically pleasing) tessellating blocks make up a sea wall, which protects the beachfront infrastructure against erosion from strong waves during storms by dispersing the water energy (this is paraphrased from Wikipedia and all I know about the topic).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.