deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

June 21, 2016

Click these & days off


While days at the GP this term have generally been long ones, one upside is that I've been regularly getting at least one day off a week. I've got a good going routine happening for that day: attempt to get up as early as possible, make eggy bread for breakfast, try and get some study in, go for a run at around midday (I love that now it's cold I don't have to wait for the sun to go down to run), shower, have lunch... and then at this point the sunshine angles perfectly into my room, so I lounge on my bed and read a little bit, before getting back into the books (in between YouTube videos, group chats and blog reading) for the rest of the afternoon.

Click these
  • Confessions of a cafe leech. My friend linked this to me, and it's true... I'm a total cafe leech. It looks like I have cost various cafes around the world hundreds of dollars of potential profit.
  • 35 practical tools for men to further feminist revolution, because there's more to it than lip service and slogan shirts.
  • If you liked my Katoomba post, check out Natalie's Blue Mountains photos.
  • I'd never heard of the Dordogne Valley before, but it looks amazing, especially Rocamadour.
  • This interview with Constance Wu.
  • How much should ethically made jeans cost? (via Seasons and Salt). I don't think I'll need to buy jeans for a few years at least, but I think I'll look into Levi's if I do - they seem the most accessible of the brands mentioned, and while Nudie sounds great, unisex jeans just don't work on me.
  • I came across Jaime's blog recently, and she takes some beautiful photos!
  • It's coming up to the federal election for Australians. As demonstrated by what's been going in the past few weeks, the state of this world is absolutely insane and it's more important than ever to put thought into how we vote, especially as young people. You can use Vote Compass to see which of the biggest three parties align with your values, and here's a good explanation for why that in Australia, voting for a minor party doesn't mean you waste your vote (this is Australia-specific).
On Deluminators
  • If you missed out on Portugal week, Sintra was my favourite of those posts.
  • If you read, liked, or shared my long-ass post on internalised racism and Asian representation - thank you. And especially to the people who commented with their own thoughts and experiences - if you saw the post earlier on, it would be worth going back and reading the replies as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.