deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

June 26, 2016

Powerhouse Museum

This past weekend was free museum weekend, so YY and I went to check out the Powerhouse Museum, which is part of the Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences. I hadn't been there since I was a kid, so I didn't even remember what was in there. It's kind of a mix between London's V&A and Science Museums.


YY was really wanting to see the Isabella Blow exhibit. Isabella Blow was a prominent figure in British fashion who discovered many now-famous designers.


Such as Alexander McQueen.


There was also a Collette Dinnigan exhibit.


I hadn't realised she was so world-famous.


The medical objects collection.


Bex was an analgesic medication available in Australia in the last century, discontinued because it was found to cause kidney disease.


We were saying how some of this vintage packaging almost looks modern now, especially that Palmolive one.


Down to the experiments section.


Light.

Pretty cool to see everything in there, but since it's not a free museum like the art ones I don't think I'd revisit regularly, unless there's an exhibition I'm particularly interested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.