deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

July 16, 2016

Click these & blogger's block


As you may be able to tell by my silence this last week, I've had a bad case of blogger's block. I've got post ideas and things I want to talk about, but I couldn't bring myself to sit down and write them out. It's just been one of those weeks where everything feels like too much. But there have been bright spots here and there - like this unexpected patch of sunlight when I stepped out to leave for hospital the other morning, getting an IV into a patient after not having done one all year, and seeing my friends regularly now that I'm not in the isolation of GP-land anymore.

Click these
  • Celebrating shadows in blog photography. I must admit I have been leaning more towards the trend of the plain backgrounds, but Yasumi's post has pulled me back to the dark side.
  • Laura continues to bring us beautiful photos from Paris, check out Musée Bourdelle.
  • I think I need to go to Cuba over my last ever summer break this year.
  • Rae on the problem with swag.
  • This post on dressing as a woman in a male-dominated academic field was an interesting one linked to me by Xin. Not ideal that we have to think about this in the first place, but realistic. I've always felt lucky that in my setting, the dress code for women isn't as strict as for men, but that's probably because, as this article points out, "men's clothing is intended to help men blend in, women's clothing is intended to help women stand out".
  • Australia has lost the right to feel superior politically about Brexit and Trump now that infamous racist Pauline Hanson has been elected into our Senate. Read the last three paragraphs of the article, if nothing else: "It needs to be acknowledged that for us it's more than a debate. It's a question as to whether we are allowed to feel safe in our own country."
  • This video made me smile (and possibly tear up, a little bit).
On Deluminators

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.