deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

October 12, 2016

Hobart i

Last week, two friends and I took a trip to Tasmania, the southernmost state of Australia, which is also an island. The state capital is Hobart. It's the smallest state capital in Australia, but the oldest city after Sydney. We spent two days there, but I didn't expect to be making two posts on it. There isn't that much to do, exactly, but it's so picturesque. Here's what I mean.


We grabbed a hire car after we flew in and drove up to Mount Wellington, which overlooks the city.



It was so cold up there, probably about 5C, with the strongest winds I've ever experienced in my life. I was sorely underdressed in just a parka and sweatshirt..


You can see how Hobart kind of builds up into the hills, which I love the look of.


We then kept driving, and stopped at scenic places.


Are these technically weeds? I don't know.



Willie Smith's Apple Shed in the Huon Valley, about a 30 minute drive out of Hobart, for lunch.



It's this really nice barn-like space.



Had the mac and cheese, which was average, and a glass of their organic apple cider.


Drove back to Hobart and went to the Botanical Gardens.



The amazing conservatory.





A Japanese garden on the grounds.





These botanical gardens are way nicer than Sydney's, which feel a bit manky in parts.


Drove to Salamanca Place, which is made of these sandstone buildings.


A hot chocolate at Honey Badger cafe.


Walking along the waterfront.




Hobart's parks are 100% nicer than those in Sydney city.

Part ii coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.