deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

January 4, 2017

A bunch of brunches

A couple of brunches I had before I left Sydney. I'm still unsure what brunch is defined as. Is there a timeframe? If you have breakfast beforehand, are you still eating brunch or are you just eating breakfast food for lunch?


An acai bowl at Sadhana Kitchen in Newtown. It's a vegan restaurant and has super healthy sounding food. I haven't had acai before, and it was actually delicious. I'm so late on this bandwagon.


Making brunch at YY's. She did the cooking, I kind of clumsily chopped things up. Sourdough toast, avocado, feta, scrambled eggs, haloumi, hashbrowns, mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach and vegetarian sausage. It was ridiculous and I think I injured some internal organs eating all this. I wasn't hungry for several days afterwards.


Reuben Hills in Surry Hills. I had the pork arepas, which were nice however a bit spicy and meat-y for a first meal of the day.


Bagel with avocado, feta, corn and tomatoes at Brewtown Newtown. Really good, although overpriced for what it is, now that I think about it. Maybe brunch should be defined as "spending loads of money on a meal you could easily put together at home"?


At Paramount Coffee Project, which is a popular cafe I hadn't visited before. I wasn't in the mood for their heavier offerings (e.g. fried chicken and waffles), so I got the BKE roll (bacon, kale and egg) which I wasn't expecting much from. It ended up being bizarrely good, I'm not sure if it was the garlic in the eggs or the texture of the kale but it worked. I wasn't a fan of the coffee I had this time, it had that sour taste to it I dislike.

Happy New Year! When this post goes up I will be in New York, spending all my money on brunches there.

This is a scheduled post, I'm currently travelling overseas. I'll be reading your comments via email, but won't be able to reply immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.