deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

March 30, 2017

Thursday off

Once a month, we get a rostered day off. Before you think it's out of the goodness of their hearts, it's really not - it's unpaid and the purpose of it is to save money from the overtime they have to pay us (which I haven't been claiming, by the way, because they make sure there are plenty of hoops to jump through). Despite my cynicism, it was nice to have a sleep in today, especially since I think I'm coming down with something.


Day off began on Wednesday night. Despite a near horrific day at work, I got off at the time I wanted to, even fitting in a coffee catch up with a resident friend. This is the pattern of sunlight on the carpark ground.


I meet a friend for burgers at Bar Luca in the city. I'd heard about it a lot, but never been. The burgers are pretty damn good, definite competition with Chur Burger for my favourite burger in Sydney, and their sides are even better - check out the poutine.


I then wanted Messina (again) so we went to the one at Circular Quay and even caught some fireworks.


Breakfast today - yoghurt with muesli and a nectarine.


Polished my boots, which I've been meaning to do for ages.


Put on some clothes to run errands at the shopping center (and eat more junk food). I was going to shoot my outfit but it's actually the exact same as the second one in this post.


Read with a cup of tea and some cookies I bought.


I spent the rest of the afternoon reading in bed because I wasn't feeling so well.

Now this tickle in my throat is getting stronger tomorrow doesn't look like it'll be great... but at least it's only one more day at work before recuperating over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.