deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

June 6, 2017

Vivid '17

Another year, another Vivid Sydney. While my enjoyment of Vivid has waned over the years as the crowds increased, it's come to mark the start of winter for me - strolling the Circular Quay and The Rocks after dark, wearing a coat. We went on a Monday evening this year, and while still crowded (especially for a Monday night) it was significantly easier to manoeuver than it would be later in the week (or, god forbid, a weekend).

1
2
As always, dinner first. Went to Bar Luca, and I swear they do my favourite burger in Sydney. I'm also obsessed with the poutine.



Good marketing by Canon.







Sneaky Messina break. Two scoops, or you'll regret it.


All the installations in the Botanical Gardens are flower themed. Bit cheesy if you ask me.



This interactive dandelion one (which you could "blow") was cool though.

I'm not sure if it was just me but the setup was a lot sparser this year. It might be that they've spread everything over the city more. I was disappointed that The Rocks wasn't used as much - I used to love seeing what they did with the closest thing we have to an old town!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.