deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

July 31, 2017

Looking at lately

Random visual things I have been consuming recently.


I went to the Archibald Prize finalists exhibition today at the AGNSW. The Archibald Prize is a famous art prize for portraiture in Australia. This cluster of three smaller ones were my favourites.


The Wynne Prize is for landscape painting.


A couple of weeks ago, I watched The Beguiled. I've never been a Sofia Coppola fan, because nothing ever happens in her movies, but I caught the trailer for this and it actually looked good. I quite enjoyed it - I liked the aesthetic and the plot was fun.


I had a voucher for a free ticket to the Dendy cinema (there was a blackout when we tried to watch The Beguiled) so today I went and saw Lady Macbeth. Wouldn't have been the type of movie I usually watch, but Dendy only shows those arty serious types of films. I really enjoyed it! It's not based on the Shakespeare play but the reference does make sense. I would recommend it if you like dark, atmospheric films with beautiful visuals.


And lastly, Charli XCX's new video for Boys. I'm obsessed with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.